cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP Course Query

battyjohn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, On our BGP course currently there have been two elements that the slides in the course are considered to now be inaccurate, but on the exam could be considered correct. Is anyone able to tell me what in an exam for the two queries below would be the right answer to give:

Autosummarisation - The course notes state this is switched on by default, however later IOS releases (at least for the past few years) has this switched off. If I was asked a query about this, what would be correct? Whats in the book or what I know to be true.

Secondly, BGP Filters, we have been told that the order in which filters are run on outgoing routes should be prefix-list out, filter-list out, then the route map. However the slide reverses this and I am told it is wrong. What should be the correct answer to give on the exam?

BTW the course is BGP v3.2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

John

In general the people who develop the tests work from the training material. What I used to tell students when I was teaching Cisco classes was that for the certification tests if there is a question and you know that the training material said one thing and the actual router does it differently then answer according to the training material if you want to pass the test. I still think that is good advice.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

John

In general the people who develop the tests work from the training material. What I used to tell students when I was teaching Cisco classes was that for the certification tests if there is a question and you know that the training material said one thing and the actual router does it differently then answer according to the training material if you want to pass the test. I still think that is good advice.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card