cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME and H.323 Media flow around?

z.zdravkov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm wondering is there a way to pass media between the end devices directly in CME I mean when we have SCCP client connecting through h.323 dial-peer to another CME for example. The default behavior is to pass the media through the CME like proxy.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't think it's possible currently, what is your concern ?

I'm just wondering. When it works like proxy there is additional ovehead to the router. When I play with simulators I'm experiencing big delays in the audio. If the media flow directly between devices it will be better (like sccp to sccp call). It's not a big problem for studing scenarios but will be cool to have control on it.

Thank you very much.

There are pro and cons. In practice, the overhead on the router is is not noticeable unless you have many many calls. But when doing flow-through, the router is then able to multiplex media into a single rtp session hence optimizing bandwidth starting with > 1 inter-cme call.

What does it mean cons. In practice the overhead of the router may be from other then voip calls processes. It depends on the deployment. If you need to propose cheaper solution you may need from solution like this. How the router is multiplexing media in single RTP session? I think it works on RFC standarts and we have two rtp streams for every voice call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: