PIX-5-111005 - CSCsi07492 - Config fetch query

Unanswered Question
Sep 26th, 2007

The pix management session exhausts due to bug id CSCsi07492 in RME, solution is to upgrade to RME 4.1.

A continuous loop of 'config fetch' happens which engages more then one management session.

During config fetch, CW actually telnets the device and issues 'no pager' command to get the full config file without any pauses and then issues 'exit' to exit configuration mode, 'exit' command initiates a syslog message (%PIX-5-111005 to be precise) mentioning a config change and thus causing another config fetch by CW to get latest configurations.

This is a continuous loop and it stops as soon as you disable the debug level 5.

Workaround - To disable config fetch generation on this debug message by issuing 'c:\program files\CSCOpx\bin\perl fix_syslog.pl'.

To my understanding 'config fetch' should stay or rather i should say work for other config change debug messages other then 'exit'.

Query - Can somebody confirm if this feature can be disabled without concerns or what are its impacts.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
David Stanford Wed, 09/26/2007 - 05:38

If this feature is disabled then the problem is that legit config changes will be ignored.

This is the only workaround other than this script is an upgrade of RME.

vijay sanwal Wed, 09/26/2007 - 05:40

I could see this sentence in bug description.

I am looking for an explaination.

Does legit mean - all legitimate config??

David Stanford Wed, 09/26/2007 - 05:58

Legit means any normal config change that would trigger a config change syslog and then in turn RME would attempt to archive the config.

Actions

This Discussion