Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with unified Unity server

jgreenberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm looking for a Unity GURU to give me a hand here. My company has a Unified messaging solution that has worked up until a week or so ago. I am not the admin of the network so I don't know if/what was changed on AD or Exchange. When I try to start Unity from the start bar I get the below error messages. I've run through Cisco's suggested troubleshooting steps, such as re-running the permissions wizard, re-rerunning the setup program, deleting the Unity System profile key in the registry but I'm still stuck. any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

"An attempt to access the Primary Exchange Mailbox Store by AvCsMgr via MAPI has failed. The MAPI subsystem return the following error: You do not have permission to log on.."

"An occurred which prevents successful Exchange access by AvCsMgr via MAPI.

This is typically an indication of configuration issues with Unity, Exchange, or the MAPI subsystem.

Verify that the Unity services accounts are granted the correct permissions and that there are no issues with installation. The SysCheck utility may assist in diagnosing the problem."

I also get these errors in the syscheck

Failure Doh Trying to find the Doh. Unexpected Error Occured in e:\Views\cs_CU4.0.4.221\un_Doh2\SysCheck\DohTests\GetTheDoh.cpp, line: 45, hr = : HRESULT 0x80004005

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

From your post, it looks like you are running 4.0(4) ... is that correct? Please confirm your Unity version and Exchange version. Did you run the Syscheck using the unitymsgstoresvc account? If not, that may be why you got the failure message, "Failure Doh Trying to find the Doh. Unexpected Error Occured in e:\Views\cs_CU4.0.4.221\un_Doh2\SysCheck\DohTests\GetTheDoh.cpp, line: 45, hr = : HRESULT 0x80004005" I am including an info link for your review, but without knowing your AD/Exchange environment, I really recommend calling Cisco TAC on this. Especially since you are having an outage ... does the AvCsMgr service start OK? Here is the link - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00800949dc.shtml

Looking at what you have done already, I would ensure the Unity_servername mailbox still exists on the partner Exchange server.

Ginger

Hi Ginger. Thanks for the response. The answer your question it is running 4.0(5) and exchange 2K3. As for the link, again thanks but I've actually been through it several times over the last few days and still have not been able to resolve the issue. I agree with you that TAC may need to get involved to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Jon

dburnett
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you need to investigate the Exchange Message store you are running on.

If it is 2003 and added a service pack, that may be the issue. If that is the issue the work around is to add the MsgStoreSvc Windows AD account to the local administrators group on each of the servers housing Exchange. This is a known issue with Exchange 2003 SP2.

Thanks,

I'll give that a shot.

Regarding

"If it is 2003 and added a service pack, that may be the issue. If that is the issue the work around is to add the MsgStoreSvc Windows AD account to the local administrators group on each of the servers housing Exchange. This is a known issue with Exchange 2003 SP2."

Do you have the source for this, if it's a known issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: