Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7931 + 2811 ring tone different between internal and external call

Hi All,

is it possible to configure 2811 and 7931 IP phone that when there's an incoming call from an internal number, phone uses a ring tone and when there's an incoming call from external number it uses another or different ring tone?

Thank You for best support

Kind Regards

Antonino R.

3 Replies 3

johncaston_2
Level 1
Level 1

I was just looking to do the same thing and came across this other post

"There is no feature available that would allow you to do that on CME. All the calls coming will use the ring tone set on the phone regardless if this is an internal or PSTN incoming call.

However this can be done one the Call Manager systems. This is called Call Classification feature (Distinctive Ringing). Call Classification (OnNet/OffNet) can be configured on the RoutePattern or gateway device itself and apply different ring tones for internal or external calls. "

Looks like it's not possible - buggar

Cheers,

John

Have you tried configuring "ring internal primary" ? I think the feature works based on wich number is called.

Yes I'm in the process of trying to get it to work. Even though the instructions seem quite straight forward I haven't got it to work yet.

I'll keep trying and will post something when / if I get it working as required.

Thx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: