cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When would you use MGCP Profiles on a Gateway?

kgeisler
Level 1
Level 1

Could I have two different Callmanagers (in different clusters) register the same MGCP gateway (VG200) by using MGC Profiles on the VG200? They would have to specify different ports or maybe use different channel groups on the same port? I have two callmanagers trying to share the same centralized voicemail system (Avaya's MM), but I have only one MGCP gateway using ISDN QSIG to the MM. If I route the call using a Inter-Cluster trunk, I am losing the ability to divert using the correct called/calling numbers to the voicemail.

2 Replies 2

chris.mann
Level 1
Level 1

I had kind of the same setup. Multiple clusters needed to use the same Avaya VM platform. Most of the calling was done over the ICT (lost iDivert as you said), but for one server we had to install a second vg248.

We split the 64 ports on the avaya side to multiple vg's, then registered 1 vg to 1 cluster, and the other vg to the 2nd cluster.

I am not aware of a way to get the VG devices to register to more than one cluster at a time.

Thanks for your reply. So you used analog integration to the VM instead of PRI QSIG ad split the analog into different groups?