Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller NAME presentation on PRI - H323 G/W

joel
Level 1
Level 1

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a QWEST PRI and had Caller ID and NAME being presented.

I changed it to an AT&T PRI and I have the Caller ID displayed but NOT THE CALLER NAME.

I can see the Caller NAME in the debug isdn as a FACILITY IE message and QWEST was sending as a DISPLAY IE message. I called AT&T to check if they can send as a DISPLAY IE but they say they CANNOT. Has anybody got this done by AT&T / Bellsouth / SBC.

I cannot change it to MGCP as it is a PARTIAL PRI.

I already checked

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K14016668

I have the debug from QWEST (Previous vendor) and AT&T the new vendor in the attachment.

Is there a TCL script or something that can modify the field form Facility message to a Display ie.

3 Replies 3

aapedraza
Level 1
Level 1

Joel, AT&T is using facility message to send you the caller name. Under the isdn configuration issue the following commands:

isdn supp-service name calling

no isdn outgoing ie facility

The last command is not necessary but it prevents the gateway from sending the name information to the Central Office in case you don't want to do so.

Hope this helps.

Alberto

Alberto,

Thanks for the reply. I did try this and it did not work.

Does command let the CallManager understand the facility message

Joel,

Are you using CME or CM? for CME this should work. Make sure that you do a shut no shut sequence on the serial port. For CM there is another way of doing this. There is a flag that you have to check in order to receive the facility message. I don't remember where this flag is but do a search of the newsgroups and it should come up. We are using CME with PRI at two locations in Texas (AT&T) and we get the caller id name and number without a problem.

Let me know if this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: