Views
Helpful
Replies

%AAAA-3-DROPACCTLOWMEM on 2950G-48 port

craig.eyre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've recently enabled AAA on a few of my network devices and most are running smoothly.

I have a group of 2950G-48 switches with 12.1(9) and (11) that are displaying %AAAA-3-DROPACCTLOWMEM. It's obviously a memory error on the devices. I have another group of 2950G-24 switches with the same IOS revisions and they run without a glitch. I also have a group of 2950G-48 switches with 12.1(13) and they run without the error.

My first test is to upgrade one of the 2950G-48 switches to 12.1(13) or higher and see if the problem still exists.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has come across this error and what there fix was for it.

Thanks.

Craig

1 Reply 1

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is what I found:

Error Message

%AAAA-3-DROPACCTLOWMEM : accounting record dropped due to low memory: [chars]-[chars] [chars] [chars]

Explanation An accounting record has been dropped because of low memory.

Recommended Action Disable periodic accounting if it is activated. Reduce other system activity to ease memory demands. If conditions warrant, upgrade to a larger memory configuration.

Are you running any additional services on the affected switches that aren't running on the good switches ?

Having the same IOS in all similar hardware is considered best practice, I recommend doing so.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card