cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

extension mobility question

littledavewhite
Level 1
Level 1

I am deploying handsets using the auto registration feature, then i want to go around the phones and logon the person who will sit at that position, through extension mobility. The issue i have is the login option is not available from phones that have auto registered. I can go under the phone once it has registred and subscribe to the mobility feature but this is a big admin overhead. Can the mobility feature be available by default to auto registered handsets, callmanager 4.1. Any help would be fantastic.

3 Replies 3

goldbergj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Your best bet would be to have all of your phones auto-register and then use the Bulk Admininstration Tool (BAT) to assign that service to the phone. That way you wouldnt have to touch each phone to configure it.

HTH.

JG

Please rate helpful posts :)

thanks for the info, i will think about the bat tool but i really wanted to automate the deployment.

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Your best bet is to use BAT to bulk update all of the phones and register them to the extension mobility service.

Open up BAT, click Phones, enter a search parameter i.e use the device pool if all the phones have registered using the same DP. Click next, then tick the relevant tick boxes for Extension Mobility service. Job done.

HTH.

Don't forget to rate posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: