MUHAMMAD SHAHEEN Thu, 09/27/2007 - 03:34
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more


The interconnecting link between both switches which are casecaded is called uplink.



Joseph W. Doherty Thu, 09/27/2007 - 04:04
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more

Say you had to interconnect 5 switches.

If switch A connects to switch B which connects to switch C which connects to switch D which connects to switch E, this is a cascade.

If switches B through E each connect only to switch A, you would refer to the connections on switches B through E as uplinks and conversely the same connections on switch A to all the other switches as downlinks.


This Discussion