Views
Helpful
Replies

1 VPN Tunnel loadbalanced over 2 lines with ip load-share

MaseBarnes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 ADSL connections with static IPs connected at a 1821. My ISP would route a public network, e.g. 20.20.20.0/28 trough both of my IPs. Now I want to place a router behind my 1812 doing a VPN to a central gateway. My thought is, when setting up "ip load-share per-packet" on the 1812, the ESP traffic would be splitted up on 2 connections, and also the replys would sent from the ISP over both lines.

My question is, if there's no crtitical traffic such as voice (only RDP, SMB and Exchange), is this scenario good to go for connecting branch offices?

Or is there a chance only to use the 1812 (I'm thinking about 2 IPSEC VTIs?)

Thanks

MB

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

By removing the static routes that pointed to the VPN tunnel destination you left all that traffic only one choice: The default route. As long as that traffic actually matches the crypto map it will go through the VPN tunnel. i think the ESP traffic can be splitted up on 2 connections.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: