cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Low volume after call was places on Hold or Parked

mccormac
Level 1
Level 1

I having an issue with calls that have been placed on hold or parked have very low volume when they are retreived. We're running Callmanager 4.2(3) with MGCP trunking. No reports of volume issues until the calls have been parked or placed on Hold.

12 Replies 12

mdfull2
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing the same exact thing on a 4.2 system. Any one have any ideas?

Hi Michael,

I remember reading about a Bug related to this issue. Can you tell me what phone firmware you are running.

Thanks,

Rob

CM is 4.2(3)sr2b. Firmware is 8-2-2SR1S.

I was wondering if you are still having the same issue. I'm still working with TAC on this and I also have the exact same version of Callmanager and phone load.

Yes indeed. Let me know what you find out.

Does anyone have an update on this, we are seeing the exact same issue as well. Callmanager 4.2(3)sr2b. We did not hear any reports of this while we were on sr1.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry, I did spend a long time going through the Bug Toolkit for firmware or CCM bugs and cannot find anything exactly related :( Perhaps a Tac case is in order here. I wish I could have helped more!

Take care,

Rob

Thanks Rob. I appreciate the effort. I will keep an eye on this thread and see if anyone comes up with something.

mccormac
Level 1
Level 1

TAC had me update my phone firmware to latest greatest, and I have been giving it time to see if I have anymore complaints since the upgrade. So, far the answer has been no.

Do you know what the latest load you went to is? We are running a fairly recent phone load.

I have the same issues going on, running CM5

I've done a search on our internal database and found quite a few reports of this. It appears to be due to bug ID CSCsi09081

New generation phone have lower volume then older phone types

Symptom:

Lower voice volume is experienced on the handset of the new generation phones. These are the 7961/ 7941 types

Conditions:

New generation phones

Workaround:

Press the speaker button and it restores the volume

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is fixed in phone load 8.3.3 that you can download from CCO :

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-7900ser

(get file)

cmterm-7941_7961-sccp.8-3-3.zip

7941/7961 SCCP IP Phone firmware files only

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: