CCIE v3 New curriculum ??????????

Unanswered Question
Sep 27th, 2007

I have following queries

1.MPLS and IPv6 are included in written exam but not in Lab , so there will be no lab scenario regarding MPLS and IPv6 ?

2.there is no IS-IS in written and lab, so there will be nothing about IS-IS?

3. For MPLS in written , does it incleded MPLS ATM (cell mode) ??

4. Do we need to know IPSEC and VPNs for CCIE RS ??????

5. How much do we have to stick to blueprints ??????/

thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
paul.matthews Sat, 09/29/2007 - 00:08

I have recently done the R&S Written as a recert, and did the V3. Obviously there is the NDA so I cannot go into detail.

On the MPLS written, take a very close look as what exactly it says. Reading between the lines and it referring explicitly to LSRs but not to switches is maybe a hint.

I found the blueprint to be the most accurate blueprint yet. I saw nothing that was not on the blueprint, and I saw pretty much everything that was!

IPSEC/VPN? There is a little security, but again I refer you to my comment about blueprint accuracy,

Sticking to blueprints - make sure you know EVERYTHING that is on blueprints well, and you will probably be OK. An awareness of ISIS is worthwhile partly in that it is another LS RP, so helps general understanding, but it is possible that particularly in the lab, understanding other stuff may help you solve a problem - bridging may not explicitly appear, but may come in useful for example.

compsolv Mon, 10/01/2007 - 07:26

Here are your answers:

1.MPLS and IPv6 are included in written exam but not in Lab , so there will be no lab scenario regarding MPLS and IPv6 ?

MPLS is not currently in the lab, but IPv6 is on the lab. Note that both MPLS and IPv6 are in the written, however.

2.there is no IS-IS in written and lab, so there will be nothing about IS-IS?

Correct, IS-IS is no longer relevant for the written or the lab. If you see materials that include IS-IS, you are using outdated materials.

3. For MPLS in written , does it incleded MPLS ATM (cell mode) ??

You should know an overview of cell mode, but this is not the focus for the written exam.

4. Do we need to know IPSEC and VPNs for CCIE RS ??????

These technologies are not the focus for the Security section of the written anymore.

5. How much do we have to stick to blueprints ??????/

You really need to stick to the blueprint when studying for this exam. It is about 95% accurate in its guidance of what will be covered!

Anthony J Sequeira

Unmatched CCIE Written Prep

http://www.netmasterclass.net/CCIE/Self-Paced-Program/Written

Actions

This Discussion