Replies

user not listed in corporate directory

samalex22
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer... (old story)

CCM 5.1

Pre 5.x Unity

They have one user who is not showing the the Corp. Directory. I'd like to make sure there isn't a larger issue and also, resolve this one...

- and the user's VM is setup

assistance?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not showing up in the Unity Directory, or not showing up in the CCM Corp Directory?

If it is Unity, you will need to make sure the Unity subscriber goes through the first time enrollment. once this is done, they are listed in the directory to dial by name. If they do not go through enrollment, they will not be listed.

Hi -

One small addition to Tommer's post - the subscriber must record a spoken name to be listed in Unity's directory. Recording a spoken name during voicemail enrollment is not enforced unless you specify this in Advanced settings (Unity Tools Depot); Conversation - First time enrollment: Require Subscribers to record names.

Ginger

they're not showing on the corp directory on the phone...

sys admin added them on the CCM, and the user did setup their VM but, no show on the phone.

I was thinking maybe a dbase synch issue between the sub & pub..

(my lead voice engineer is on vacation so if that sounds lame, sorry)

So here is a quick note: Unity and CallManager directories are NOT linked in the background. If you add a person into Unity with voicemail, they will NOT show up in the Corporate Directory on the IP phone. You will need to log into CCM and add the end user to the "user" section of CallManager. Once they are added, they are listed in your Corp Directory then. This is where you setup their username and associate this name to a device so they can log into CCMUSER page for edit their Speeddials, fastdials, etc.

make sense?

that totally makes sense..yes!

however.... my customer is relaying that the user was added to the CCM, has a phone and is still a no-show on the CD when accessed from the phone.

I'm sure it will end up being a box not checked or something...

Also depends if they are using the Directory built into CM or using LDAP? The customer may have "added the phone" but the not the CCMuser account.

Hi -

I had another thought on this, since it sounds like we're talking about several different items ... make sure on the CallManager directory number config Line Settings, that the following have been coded for the user:

- Alerting name

- Display (Internal caller id)

The perception might be the user is not in the directory because this information is not displayed when you call the user, or when the user calls you.

Ginger

also on ccmadmin when you go to users > global directory, when you bring up the user by doing a search, the ext should be entered into the Telephone Number field.

One other thing is on the phone device itself, the user has to be included in the Owner User ID field.

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: