11 Replies 11

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Victor,

Here is the reset info;

To perform a factory reset of a 7911G phone, follow these steps:

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Unplug the power cable from the phone and then plug it back in.

The phone begins its power up cycle.

Step 2 While the phone is powering up, and before the Applications Menu button flashes on and off, press and hold #.

Continue to hold # until the message LED on the handset flashes on and off in sequence in red.

Step 3 Release # and press 123456789*0#.

You can press a key twice in a row, but if you press the keys out of sequence, the factory reset will not take place.

After you press these keys, the message LED on the handset flashes faster in red and the phone goes through the factory reset process.

Do not power down the phone until it completes the factory reset process and the main screen appears.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00805adaec.html#wp1085546

There is also an alternate method in this Tac document which was kindly provided by Paolo (Thanks Paolo!)

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K43691258

Hope this helps!

Rob

raymond.leung
Level 1
Level 1

Dont do that... my 7911 gone dead after it

Unplug the power cable from the phone, and then plug in the cable again.

The phone begins its power up cycle.

Immediately press and hold # while the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons flash in sequence. Release # after the Speaker button is no longer lit.

The line buttons flash in sequence in order to indicate that the phone waits for you to enter the key sequence for the reset.

Press 123456789*0# within 60 seconds after the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons begin to flash.

If you repeat a key within the sequence, for example, if you press 1223456789*0#, the sequence is still accepted and the phone resets.

If you do not complete this key sequence or do not press any keys, after 60 seconds the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons no longer flash, and the phone continues with its normal startup process. The phone does not reset.

If you enter an invalid key sequence, the buttons no longer flash, and the phone continues with its normal startup process. The phone does not reset.

If you enter this key sequence correctly, the phone displays this prompt:

upgrading

I also have a customer who's experiencing the same issue but now has 6-7911 that are what seems to be forever stuck in the upgrade process. I've upgraded to the latest phone loads, tried changing the Build CNF File to Build all but this had no affect either. We have 7941 and 7961 that work fine after a factory reset. Anyone else have any ideas?

The phones are not reaching the TFTP server holding the firmware + configuration files. Setup a DHCP server with Option 150 = CUCM IP address and follow the factory setting reboot process again.

Muhammad Nawaz
Level 1
Level 1

just dial **#**

buon Giorno 

ho provato a fare quando da voi descritto 

ma niente si riavvia sempre chi mi può aiutare

vijay-menon
Level 1
Level 1

Try the following to reset the phone to factory defaults.

Power off the phone.

Hold down the # key.

While holding #, connect an AC adaptor to the phone.

Continue to hold # until the line buttons blink amber.

Release the # key.

Enter 3491672850*#

The lights should change color from amber to red. When this occurs, the phone is resetting to factory defaults.

Hi, following the instructions given here, I proceeded to factory reset my phone to cisco 7911G and the result has been that it has gone blank, does nothing and the display does not show anything. I just like a sequence lights flash every 2 minutes or so. production sequence was reset to initiate 3491672850 * # and as I say I'm out of the phone. please would you kindly tell me how I can return the 7911G IP phone to use it to its normal state. thank you very much

Hi, I had the same issue. You need to setup a DHCP server with Option 150 pointing to a TFTP server which holds the firmware + configuration files for your phone acording to the protocol used (SIP or SCCP). I installed windows server 2008 R2, setup DHCP with option 150 poiting to the CUCM publisher. Enabled autoregistration on it and did the factory reset produre but pressing 123456789*0# . They upgraded the firmware and rebooted a couple of times and then autoregistered to the CUCM. This is how I recovered 2*7911G phones.

Chandra Sekar
Level 1
Level 1

I resently did a factory Reset of  7911G phones:

The step i followed were

1. Power up the phone (unplug power cable and plug in again and hold the # key.
2. Release # when MWI starts flashing.
3. Press 3491672850*#.

Observation:

a) the mwi started blinking fast 15 sec

b) slow blinking 10 Sec
c) stopped blinking.

At this point i thought the phone had some problem. I accessed the switch and issued Shutdown and no shutdown on the interface connected to the IP Phone. Got the screen upgrading starting with . It approximately restarted 3 times...

Everything was ok

3491672850*#

gave my 7911 blank display  > dead

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: