cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple PIX logging to single syslog server

fahmyaziz
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 PIX machines and I have configured the both of them to send logs to my syslogd. What I would like to know is how do I set up two different log files for each PIX machines? Cheers guys

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jfgobin01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Aziz,

You can use "syslog-ng" under linux. There, you can configure rules based on some fields (for example, the name reported by the pix) to send them to one file or another.

Alternatively, you can choose different locals for the two PIX and filter that on a legacy syslog daemon. But keep in mind that the number of local is limited.

Kind Regards,

Jean-Fran?ois Gobin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jfgobin01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Aziz,

You can use "syslog-ng" under linux. There, you can configure rules based on some fields (for example, the name reported by the pix) to send them to one file or another.

Alternatively, you can choose different locals for the two PIX and filter that on a legacy syslog daemon. But keep in mind that the number of local is limited.

Kind Regards,

Jean-Fran?ois Gobin

Thanks Gobin.

I think I will try syslog-ng.

I've actually set up 2 different locals before posting the question but that somehow was not working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card