Views
Helpful
Replies

Pilot Points

vinothdhanapal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am in urgent need of a help in one of the pilot point configurations in Callmanager 3.3. I had created a pilot point in callmanager 3.3 and it is the same as the other pilot point that is working ( which means it is not the device pool, css). Also the pilot point works for First available member algorithm and not for the longest idle member...

has anybody come across problem like this.

Also I had created the member as contingency agents and given them second extensions in same partition with those second extensions as hunt members. But it is the same for the other hunt group members as well..

The only thing that differs is that the userid for each users hasn't been asssociated with the 2 DNs .. is that going to be a reason behind the pilot point working for one algorithm and not for other...

Your help would be much appreciated..

Thanks

Vino

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vino,

I do think that the association (or lack of) is the problem. Have a look;

Make sure that you configure the ac user and associate all pilot point numbers with the ac user.

When you update a pilot point, make sure that you reset the pilot point. Call processing continues to occur when you reset it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When a call comes into a pilot point, Cisco TCD uses the hunt group list and the selected call routing method for that pilot point to determine the call destination. During hunt group configuration, you must specify one of the following options for each hunt group member:

Directory number (device member)

If a directory number is specified, Cisco TCD only checks whether the line is available (not busy) before routing the call.

**Attendant console user plus a line number (user member)

The number of lines that are configured for the attendant phone determines the number of available lines that display in the attendant console graphical user interface. For example, if you provide the attendant with a Cisco IP Phone Model 7960 and two attachments of the Cisco IP Phone Expansion Module 7914, a total of 34 lines can display in the graphical user interface if you associated a directory number with each line.

If a user and line number are specified, Cisco TCD confirms the following details before routing the call:

That the user is logged in to the attendant console

That the user is online

That the line is available

When you specify a user and line number, the user can log in to and receive calls on any Cisco IP Phone in the cluster that is controlled by the attendant console.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/3_3_3/ccmsys/a07ccmac.html#wp1089154

Hope this helps!

Rob

I think we found the problem that the tcd service should be running in all the servers except the publisher.

Which is bit weird as it is only the longest idle which is did not work previously...

Thanks