Helpful
Replies

WDS - CAR session management

hostmaster
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all!

I have a weird problem.

I'm using Cisco Access Registrar to issue IP addresses to clients on a wireless network.

Everything was working fine (sessions created and destroyed as expected) but when I joined the AP to WDS all hell broke loose.

It seems that when the AP is not a WDS member the "NAS-Port" attribute is the same for Access-Requests and Accounting-Requests but when it's a member I get a different "NAS-Port".

This is a problem because the CAR creates a session when the Access-Request is accepted but destroys it whent it receives an Accounting-Request with an Acct-Status-Type = Stop. The session key is NAS:NAS-Port and if the port doesn't match the session isn't destroyed.

Has anyone had a similar problem or know a possible solution?

With thanks in andvance.

Sigurdur Bjornsson

1 Reply 1

hostmaster
Level 1
Level 1

I have debugged this a little further.

I added a second AP to the WDS domain and it confirmed my fear... The Access-Requests are coming from the WDS master but the Acccounting-Requests are coming from the AP that the client commects to, which explains the different NAS-ports.

Does anyone have a clue how to work around this?

Brgds.

Sigurdur Bjornsson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card