cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating alerts for critical services in RTMT for CCM 5.1

John Tan
Level 1
Level 1

hi I am trying figure out how to create alerts for customised alerts in RTMT for most of the critical services.

For example, I would like an alert to be set up so that if CCM Service goes down or stop, I would like an email notification to be sent to me.

I am using the RTMT plugins from CCM 5.1. IT shows version 5.0 for RTMT

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

From the RTMT (Real Time Monitoring Tool) Have a look;

Configuring E-mails for Alert Notification

The following procedure describes how to configure e-mails for alert notification.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In the left controlling center pane, click the Alert tab.

Step 2 Click Alert Central.

The Alert Central monitoring window displays and shows the alert status and alert history of the alerts that RTMT generated in the Cisco CallManager cluster.

Step 3 From the RTMT menu bar at the top of the pane, choose Alert > Config Email Server.

The Mail Server Configuration window displays

Step 4 In the Mail Server field, enter the e-mail recipient information.

Step 5 In the Port field, enter the port number of the recipient.

Step 6 Click OK.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f5366.html#wp1257958

Cisco CallManager Serviceability System Guide, Release 5.0(2)

Real-Time Monitoring Tool

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008062a98c.html#wp1257958

Hope this helps!

Rob

thanks for the quick reply. The issue I have is I do not know how to configure alerts for critical services. The link you sent show me does not show me how I can configure to receive email notification when critical service is down. CAn you maybe point me to the correct portion. I went to Alert Central but it does not give me option to create new alerts for critical services. Maybe I am missing something, hope you can clarify.

thanks

Hi John,

Here is the info for cofiguring the actual Alerts;

RTMT, which supports alert defining, setting, and viewing, contains preconfigured and user-defined alerts. Although you can perform configuration tasks for both types, you cannot delete preconfigured alerts (whereas you can add and delete user-defined alerts). The Alert menu comprises the following menu options:

Alert Central - This option comprises the current status and history of every alert in the Cisco Unified CallManager cluster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note You can also access Alert Central by using the Alert tab in the left controlling center in the RTMT monitoring pane.

Alert/Properties - This menu option allows you to set alerts and alert properties.

Remove Alert - This menu category allows you to remove an alert.

Enable Alert - With this menu category, you can enable alerts.

Disable Alert - You can disable an alert with this category.

Suspend cluster/node Alerts?This menu category allows you to temporarily suspend alerts on a particular Cisco Unified CallManager node or on the entire cluster.

Clear Alerts - This menu category allows you to reset an alert (change the color of an alert item from red to black) to signal that an alert has been taken care of. After an alert has been raised, its color will automatically change to red in RTMT and will stay that way until you manually clear the alert.

Clear All - This menu category allows you to clear all alerts.

Alert Events Detail - This menu category provides detailed information on alert events.

Config Email Server - In this category, you can configure your e-mail server to enable alerts.

Config Alert Action - This category allows you to set actions to take for specific alerts; you can configure the actions to send the alerts to desired e-mail recipients.

In RTMT you can configure alert notification for perfmon counter value thresholds, for schedule for alert checking, and for status change of device (for example, port is out of service).

The Tools tab below the Quick Launch Channel includes the Alert Central category. Alert Central provides both the current status and the history of all the alerts in the Cisco Unified CallManager cluster. To monitor Cisco Unified CallManager alerts, use the Tools tab in conjunction with the Alert menu option under the Tools menu.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008062b8da.html#wp50993

Hope this helps!

Rob

ROb

thanks for the reply. I am able to set up alerts and nottifcation through email.

Just one thing that I don;t understand, how can I send alerts say for testing purpose I manually stop one of the critical services and want to set up an alert that a service has shut down and send me a notification?

On the pre-configured alerts under alert central, there is a pre-configured alert called CriticalServiceDown, what exactly is this referring to? A Particular Critical Service in CCM or all the critical services in CCM?

When I set up alert notitication for this criticalservicesdown, what am i configuring this for?

I'm interested in knowing the answer to these questions too :)

Anybody know this one?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: