cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7940G phone needs resetting almost every day

mjozwiak1856
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7940G phone that every day needs to be restarted at different times. This phone is at one of our remote locations. Every day the user will come in and the phone is powered up (it is using a power cube), but it is stuck on configuring vlan. The user then unplugs the power and the network and when it goes to reload it works again.

2 Replies 2

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

You should test this phone on a different switchport. The issue could be related not to the phone, but to the switch. It does sound like L2 most definitely.

That said, it could be an issue to do with the phone in which case that would be SW related. And then we should try another phone to confirm. There's quick elimination process whichever way you go first. So lets confirm first of all - is the network culprit on our 7940G friend :-)

2cents

Ajaz

I am guessing switch also, but it just seems strange that it works as soon as you restart it. The switch we have there is not the greatest, and we only have one phone there since it is a warehouse we are just starting up. I was just hoping it was something simple I was missing. Thanks for the help!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: