Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help about a log message.

gloubier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I found a few routers with the same log message and I didn't find any info about it on google and cisco.com.

The router is a Cisco 871 IOS version c870-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T1.bin

The dsl connection of the client was doing up and down since a few days and I found a weird log message in the log so I rebooted the router and now I can't ping the router, he's like dead! :(

So the log are:

Sep 28 09:39:10.285 EDT: policymap_inform_features_to_an_interface: Can't get runtime_action.

Anyone can help me on that, I'll really appreciate!

Thanks!

Guillaume

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

This error message is related to some policy map configured in the router, however this message is no way related to the router not responding after a reboot. The most possible cause of a router not responding after a reboot is a corrupt flash image. You will have to take the console access of the router to check if the image in flash has become corrupted.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

This error message is related to some policy map configured in the router, however this message is no way related to the router not responding after a reboot. The most possible cause of a router not responding after a reboot is a corrupt flash image. You will have to take the console access of the router to check if the image in flash has become corrupted.

Great thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: