Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help about a log message.

gloubier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I found a few routers with the same log message and I didn't find any info about it on google and cisco.com.

The router is a Cisco 871 IOS version c870-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T1.bin

The dsl connection of the client was doing up and down since a few days and I found a weird log message in the log so I rebooted the router and now I can't ping the router, he's like dead! :(

So the log are:

Sep 28 09:39:10.285 EDT: policymap_inform_features_to_an_interface: Can't get runtime_action.

Anyone can help me on that, I'll really appreciate!

Thanks!

Guillaume

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

This error message is related to some policy map configured in the router, however this message is no way related to the router not responding after a reboot. The most possible cause of a router not responding after a reboot is a corrupt flash image. You will have to take the console access of the router to check if the image in flash has become corrupted.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

This error message is related to some policy map configured in the router, however this message is no way related to the router not responding after a reboot. The most possible cause of a router not responding after a reboot is a corrupt flash image. You will have to take the console access of the router to check if the image in flash has become corrupted.

Great thanks!