cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 4-5 > Vista Sound Recorder and CCIT uLaw 8k,8bit, mono

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I?ve upgraded to Vista and found the Sound Recorder no longer support CCIT u-law, 8k, 8bit.

Can you recommend a 3rd party audio conversion application? I?ve tried Nero Wav Editor, IceSun Soft Pro, and a couple others which didn?t work. A google for g711 ulaw conversion shows hundreds of programs, all of which look more like spyware. All seem to save as PCM g711 versus CCIT uLaw.

I don?t mind spending money on something good, it just can?t try to borrow codecs from the operating system!

I wish like CallManager you could supply a file and UCCX 4-5 does the conversion for you.

2 Replies 2

ecornwell
Level 2
Level 2

Do you have a CallManager that you could use to translate the files for you? We put the files we needed to convert into the MOHTranslator directory and used the output files as needed.

You can also use Unity for that. The best free one out there is Audacity, just google for it.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: