cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP 7941 Call Answer

alynj1000
Level 1
Level 1

When I have a call, I pick up the handset but the phone keeps ringing. I have to press the answer button after picking up the phone to answer the call. How can I answer the call just by picking up the phone without pressing answer? Also, when making a call I have to press new call first. I can't make a call just by picking up the handset. If I pick up the handest there is no dial tone, to get a dila tone I then have to press new call.

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alyn,

We had this trouble a few times with 7.x Firmware for 7941's and 7961's. This never happened again with 8.x Firmware;

bugid=CSCsc99161

Symptom:

Rarely a 7970 IP phone will get into a state where the speaker, headset, handset, or line buttons will not work to take the phone offhook. In this state the only way to go offhook will be to use the softkeys.

Conditions:

This has been seen in various Skinny phone loads up to and including 7.0(2)SR1. It is not dependant on CallManager version.

Workaround:

A simple IP phone reset will recover the phone.

Further Problem Description:

This problem can occur on Cisco IP Phone 7906/7911/7941/7961/7970/7971 independent of phone protocol (SCCP, SIP) and CallManager version.

Firmware 8.0(4)SR1 or later can resolve this problem.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: