cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 5.1 Database Sync?

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

I have a TAC case opened up already but things are moving slow so I wanted to put out some feelers. I have to clusters. One was an upgrade from 4.1(3) and one was a new 5.X install. Now they are both running 5.1(2). I have been noticing some strange issues off and on. Like I have random Directory Numbers that I cannot call. They can call other DN's but just cant call it. If you delete/add the phone it starts working again or if I add the line to another phone as a shared line then remove it I can then call the DN again. Other things that I see is some users phones are call forwarded but there is not visual indication on the phone that the it is call forwarded. To work around it the user call forwards their phone somewhere and then un-call forwards the phone. Anyway, strange problems like this are happening off and on that would lead me to believe there is a database synchronization problem? Does anyone know of bugs or have been witness to strange things like this.

FYI, Call Manager Reboot also clear up problems for that time being.

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Could you please post the SR# and the output for show dbreplication status.

Are you running 5.1.2 flat?

5.1.2b is the latest available in CCO.

Thanks

We are running version 5.1.2.3106-1 on one

and 5.1.2.3000-2 on the other.

Attached is my dbreplication status output.

any help is appreciated.

attachement

Hi!!!

Did you fix?

We have (almost) the same problems: we have some DN without phones, that are only speed forward to our company mobile phones.

Sometimes, when we call these numbers, we receive the fast busy signal.

If we modify something in the number attributes and save, the DN begin to work again.

We have the 5.04 Version with 1 publisher and 1 subscriber.

In my opinion, numbers fail when we modify something inside their calling search space and the update is not successful.

But it's difficult to be sure about it.

Unfortunately not, I still dont know if they are exactly the same problem or not because I seem to have two symptoms.

1. Randomly I cant call a phone - Workaround: Delete and Re-Add or modify something in that phone like changing CSS and changing back sometimes makes it work but adding a shared line and then removing a shared line seems to work every time for me anyway.

2. CFWDAll indicator on phone stops working so calls are forwarded and user does not realize it. - Workaround: Add CFWDAll and Remove again.

Cisco has a bug created CSCsl22198 new, I just looked and it is currently under review for publishing but you should be able to see it soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: