cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vmo batch install - registry options?

bphelps
Level 2
Level 2

I'm installing the latest vmo with a batch file. What are the all the registry options? By default vmo tries to play messages through the phone. I'd like them to default to the PC sound card.

6 Replies 6

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

What OS version of the client - Vista or Windows XP? For XP SP2:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Software

Cisco Systems

Cisco Unity

Media Master

Profiles

Audio Playback Devices, key Current device name

Note: If you are installing ViewMail 5.0 on a Vista workstation, I currently have a TAC case open and think we are hitting bug CSCSCi7733. Only the Phone is available for playback and ViewMail does not see the PC's sound card, which is RealTek High Definition Audio.

Ginger

So I have vmo installed on a visto workstation here and if I try the viewmail options in the mail outlook tools window, yes I cannot find my soundcard, only choose the phone as a playback device.

However, if I open the message and click the down arrow on the media toolbar, and choose options. I can choose my pc there as the playback device and it works.

rlp

correction "main outlook tools"

another correction:

down arrow > playback devices and not options

Hi -

Thank you for your update! I at first had heard from the customer that the voice message down arrow on the media master did not work either, which is why I contacted TAC after reading the bug. What you described was listed as the bug's work-around. Well, I went back to customer and rechecked with him and another Vista user and the work-around was available and tested successfully! So 5-points for your recommendation :-)

Sincerely, Ginger

Wow coming from Ginger makes my day :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: