Passed CCNA. Going for CCSP

Unanswered Question
Sep 30th, 2007

Are there any hard fast requirements,like i have to be in the security related line of work to pass CCSP,or just by having CCNA, i can prepare and get CCSP.The same goes for CCVP.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mark.j.hodge Sun, 09/30/2007 - 04:25

No requirements, pass the tests get the certification.

Obviously working in the field helps gain experiance and helps knowledge "sink in".

** Please rate posts if helpfull **

mdesantos Sun, 09/30/2007 - 05:05

I definitely agree with your statement. Working in the field makes it much easier to understand the material. It's a lot easier to learn when you can actually work with a "live" network..

Btw, Congrats on passing. I'll be taking the test in a week or so.. Hopefully I can get the test in before 801 expires

svmalapaka Sun, 09/30/2007 - 09:12

I agree with the suggestion,but without the certification no one wants to employ or give you job.Thats why i want to see if by getting the certification i may get a job in either security or CCVP.

cyphur353 Sun, 09/30/2007 - 10:20

Certifications help - but often experience trumps the paper. I'd rather have someone who knows their stuff, w/o the paper, than someone who studied for a few months and got the paper. Experience lends many lessons you will not find in the books.

Of course, the certification looks great on the resume and will certainly help a great deal in getting you into interviews.

Actions

This Discussion