Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E-mail Manager Option for UCCE

am looking at implementing E-mail, Fax & SMS channels to UCCE (ie IPCC Enterprise. I currently have Voice Recognition (Nuance) and IP IVR. I'm not sure if the Cisco E-mail Manager Option is the best solution when I still need to cater for Fax & SMS. Any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

Dennis Fogler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you implement the Cisco E-Mail Manager option, you can easily integrate FAX into it using the T.37 On Ramp feature available in IOS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk777/technologies_tech_note09186a00801fe5d9.shtml

T.37 On Ramp will convert a FAX into an email, sending it to the mailbox used by E-Mail Manager to process incoming mail.

thanks dfloger.

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi George,

for the SMS you will need a SMS Gateway, there is no standard support for it, but there is a GW solution other customers implemented.

Thanks rbua,

Do Cisco recommend or is Cisco aware of any successful implementations with any SMS Gateway solutions?

I am also looking for the integration between SMS and UCCE , from the above posts , I understood that we need SMS gateway for the integration but will that sms gateway is supported by cisco ?

or this feature is available in ICM 8.x ?