Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing

cmadiam82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I attached a simple network drawing for our network. We are using MPLS/VPN. We have a Central Facility router (CF router) which facilitates our servers. All our remote network (Remote Routers) connects to this router to access our servers. I want to configure the DRC router to be a stand-by if the central router or network will go down, all the routes will be redirected to the DRC network. The DRC network facilitates all the DR servers. This servers replicates all the servers inside Central Facility network. Can you please suggest what is the best solution for this one? Does static route can solve this one? Please help!

Thank you very much!

7 Replies 7

uubozou11
Level 1
Level 1

I dont know about others, but I cannot open your drawing. Anyone else open it?

Im sorry. I uploaded the wrong file. lol! try this one.

tnx!

This may help in your back up design, reliable static routing using object-tracking.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5413/products_feature_guide09186a00801d862d.html

HTH - rate helpfull posts

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

tnx for the reply. is it possible to use this guide even we only have one connection?

tnx!

you could use this guide, or simply use at each remote site floating static routes with diferent admin distance, routes pointing to most critical servers in CF being primary site with lower admin dist and higher admin dist for DR servers.

Jorge Rodriguez

tnx jorgemcse! i will use the floating static route. just one more question, do i need to setup one more dns server on the DR network so that if the failure will happen on the CF, all the pc that connecting on the CF servers can connect onto servers on the DR automatically. I will just put the server list on the remote routers. is that correct?

I don't have a lot of dns architecture experience, most DR sites do differ from one another depending on requirements and how much architecture investment companies are willing to mirror, but I would use an example in our company whereby each remote site do have their own AD/DCHP/DNS including the disaster recovery site. Our DR site do have its own internet vpn, firewalling architecture beside internal links so that access to DR is also accessible from the outside.

HTH - Please rate helpfull posts

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card