cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UK CME best practice set up for incoming calls

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, im aware of the official Cisco take on things but im just wondering how everyone else has configured the following:

When we get an incoming call, the leading 0 is removed by BT, or not forwarded. I know we can append the 0 , so thats not a problem.

When the call comes in, do you append just the 0 to the start of the number, or do you slap a 90 (we use 9 to get an 'outside line' for the users, theyre just used to it!) so that when you have a missed call, when you redial the call will go straight out without having ot edit it?

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Huw,

we always append our numbers with 90 that way users just need to dial the number from missed calls etc rather than having to edit the number.

HTH

Dave

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Huw,

we always append our numbers with 90 that way users just need to dial the number from missed calls etc rather than having to edit the number.

HTH

Dave

Yeah I was thinking about going down that route Dave, looks like the users would probably appreciate that. Cheers!

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, as I mentioned before:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddfec48

Note that adding one zero indiscriminately is not enough, as international calls will need two zeros.

If you make so extension begin with 2 or any digit not used in the UK, you can eliminate the 9 altogether. This is a small simplification ususally welcome by users.

Ah I see what you mean; remove the 9 from the users side of things and automatically prefix it to the outgoing number? So that when a user dials 02920xxxxxx CME adds a 9 to it on its outbound leg?

No actually it won't prefix 9, it sends the call out as dialed. You config "forward-digits all" under the DP for this to happen. In contrast your DP with 9T will always 'eat' the 9 that is only matched digit.

Then better that that, you configure DP without using the T designator for certain prefixes that have fixed length.

Eg if you know that 02920 is always followed by six digits, use destination pattern 02920...... so calls matching that, will complete immediately without interdigit timeout. Some users do value this much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: