Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN and multiple AAA servers

alain.kientz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our WLANs are configured with 2 AAA servers. The first authentication server is local, the 2nd authentication server is remote. I noticed that often, the 2nd server is used for the authentication even if the first server is up and available. It looks also that once the authentatication is done on the 2nd server it's stays there. Is there an option to:

- define server 1 is as the priority for authentication?

-switch authentication to server 2 when server 1 is not reachable, but switch back to server 1 as soon as server 1 reachable again?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

For 1200 sereis acces point priority can be configured on the same page where Active Radius pages are defined under Security -> Server Manager. There is an option to prioritize the Radius Server for various authentication purposes for example EAP authenticati, Mac authentication.

IM-Design
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

Were you ever able to resolve your questions. I have the same questions and would like to know the answers.

TIA

Hi,

Unfortunatelly no, the question is still open, but I will ask the question at the Cisco Networkers 2008 in Barcelona.

Brgds.

Hi,

I asked the question at CiscoNetworker2008.

In the version 5.0 it will be fixed.

When the first Radius is reachable again, the authentication will switched back on the first radius server.

Let see if this will be confirmed in the release notes...

Brgds.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card