cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS wtith FWSM multimode context how

sanjoy2006
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 6500 with one FWSM module and this switch also act as a PE now I have configured multicontext in FWSM now some client are in MPLS-VPN how I will move MPLS traffic to FWSM L3 port .

Kindly suggst

4 Replies 4

swaroop.potdar
Level 7
Level 7

Sanjoy, you can drop the vrf on the external vlan which connects to your internal vlans in the FWSM.

TO identify the external vlan, do "show vlan" and see which vlans are assigned to the FWSM and which of them, you have assigned to the customer as the outside interface on the FWSM.

When you have identified the vlan, in the supervisor mode you can assign the VRF on the interface vlan.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Hi Swaroop,

First of all am not running "firewall multiple-vlan-interfaces" so I can creat single L3 in my MSFC and a single L3 can only be a part of single vrf it may be either single vpn vrf or internet vrf ,how can I provide multiple vrf .

Can u explain am not clear about ur above explanation.

Now that was the disconnect, if you are running only a single L3 between the FWSM and the MSFC then you cannot assign more than one VRF.

Although you can assign different RT in that single VRF for different customer subnets inside the FWSM and have the RT's imported into the corresponding VPN;s at other end PE's. Only caveat is you will have to implement NAT somewhere to avoid IP overlaps.

Thats the only option which comes to mind first.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Hi Swaroop,

Can you send me a configurtion so that I can clear myself ,still now am confuse how can I make multiple VRF

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: