642-812 BCMSN Pass - Field Report

Unanswered Question
Oct 1st, 2007

I have just passed the 642-812 BCMSN on second attempt. Thanks to all those that have responded to my SFQs and helped with the process.

My first attempt was about two months ago, this exam was not identical but there were some common questions. This adds credence to the theory that the exam is made up of a random pool of questions.

I has two sims, one simlet and one drag-n-drop question.

Without breaking NDA, there seemed to be a lot of questions on Wireless, uncluding on the ACU which isn't in the study guides I was using.

I used the Cisco press study guides, most recently concentrating on the weak areas from the first attempt. I have had previous switch experiance but no active hands on for this exam.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
shedrickc Tue, 10/02/2007 - 11:59

Hey Mark..congrats on passing the exam. I passed the old exam, but have since allowed my cert expire so I am basically recertifying. You passed the exam with no active hands on ?

mark.j.hodge Thu, 10/04/2007 - 00:51

I had no hands on whilst I was studying, but I have had quite a lot of experiance previously. I have recently changed jobs ( six months ago ) and getting accreditation is higher priority. In the old job I was actively working on switches on a daily basis, with a lab environment. The new position doesn't have these facilities.

colleen-smith Thu, 10/04/2007 - 13:03

Congratulations! I have failed this test twice and have recertified 3 years ago too. This is a tough test. I used the official study guides too and found nothing about ACU or wireless clients. I only missed by 8 points last weekend and it was very hard to swallow. My tests were very different, one with wireless clients, and one with wireless infrastructure only, no client, and VoIP question that has nothing to do with switching or QoS.

cramoscr Mon, 10/08/2007 - 16:26

Hello Mark.

I am studying for do the 642-812 BCMSN exam.

I feel not prepared enought in 2 themes.

I need to know if

a) It?s necesary previous experience

with CatOS ?

I have knowledge about IOS for Catalyst

b) It's necesary hands on experience with

WirelessLanController ?

I have experience with Aironet 1230 AP.

If you can help me......

mark.j.hodge Wed, 10/10/2007 - 01:11

I can only speak from personal experiance but

a) There were no CatOS questions, in fact I *think* CatOS has been droped from all Cisco exams, including CCIE.

b) I have had no access to a WLC, I have had some previous experiance with autonomus access points, and the ACU.

This Discussion