CCNA - Troubleshooting

Unanswered Question

Howdy,

Managed 847(!) on the 640-801 last friday. With a breakdown as follows:

Planning & Design - 83%

Implementation & Operation - 100%

Troubleshooting - 50%

Technology - 92%

I'm looking to put off the retest for at least 2 weeks while I do as many simulations as I can get hold of.

Any tips gratefully received.

Ian

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rossua994 Mon, 10/01/2007 - 06:13

I passed 640-801 on my first attempt a couple of weeks ago, with a score of 987. For additional practice on simulations I used http://www.netlearningtools.com/nlt/, which charges by the hour ($10 per hour). Sounds expensive but they are good practice, and I found 10 hours (cost $90) was enough to work through all the scenarios. The tech support available was quite good as well and after I reported some bugs and errors that I came across, I was allocated 3 extra hours of time as compensation. There ARE quite a few errors in the scenarios, but overall they are very helpful for exam preparation.

Also I used http://www.How2Pass.com which includes simulation type questions, and about 700 practice questions in all, for $39.

HTH,

Ross

howtonetwork Mon, 10/01/2007 - 22:24

Hi.

www.how2pass.com is a braindump so they basically put answers to questions they know you are going to be asked.

I would advise you to practise on live routers because any time spent on simulators will not count towards real world experience for job interviews etc

Paul Browning

www.howtonetwork.net

Howdy,

Thanks for all your advice guys. I have called in a few favours and have a 2600 Series Router, an 837 DSL and a 24 port 2950 on the way. This along with my Dynamips box I'm hoping will give me 2 weeks of "home lab" work before I take an other shot at the exam.

The CCNA command reference guide looks worthwhile if only to have all the commands in one place. I think it was my lack of flying hours at the prompt that let me down.

I've also started reading aloud the ICND course notes and created mp3 files to listen to as I do my 3 hours of driving for my daily commute.

Anything else you can think of - please share...

Ian

NateBattle Mon, 10/01/2007 - 09:14

You are right there. Before you spend any more euros, I would suggest the obvious - - brush up on troubleshooting. Those questions usually involve (1)knowing what the SHO commands do (2)cabling and (3)incorrect IP addressing schemes.

johnboyrox Tue, 10/02/2007 - 13:20

I just passed this morning and had a very similar breakdown, except my Troubleshooting was 77%. I noticed in most of the practice tests I took (Various Vendors) I was around 100% on troubleshooting, I'm not sure why it was harder on the actual test, probably exactly what everyone is saying, more time at the CLI.

santukumar Wed, 10/10/2007 - 21:29

U need to command on the troubleshooting part means try to understand the output of the different show & deug command like---

show crypto isakmp sa (for vpn)

debug encapsulation ppp (WAN)

Actions

This Discussion