cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfers between two different lines

z.zdravkov
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to transfer calls between two different lines. For example 7940 with line 1 - 1000 and line 2000. We have incomming call established on line 1000. Then we make new call on line 2000. After that we want to join them.

Thanks in advance for smart answers.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Zdravko,

There is an available feature on CCM called Join or Conference Join which will do exactly this function. Have a look;

Conference by Using Join Softkey

The user initiates an ad hoc conference by using the Select and Join softkeys. During an established call, the user chooses conference participants by pressing the Select softkey and then the Join softkey. This makes it an ad hoc conference. Up to 15 established calls can be added to the ad hoc conference, for a total of 16 participants. Cisco CallManager treats the ad hoc conference the same way as one that is established by using the Conference softkey method.

Note: You cannot be the only person in an ad hoc conference.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009476a.shtml#adhoc

Join does not create a consultation call and does not put the active call on hold. To implement Join, choose at least two calls and then press the Join softkey on one of the calls. Join can include more than two calls, which results in a call with more than three parties. Join supports up to 16 participants in a call. To choose an active or held call, highlight the call and press the "Select" softkey. A selected call shows a checked indicator next to it on the phone. The call that initiates the Join automatically gets included, even if it is not selected.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008053226d.html#wp1098821

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Zdravko,

I was thinking on this a little more and realised that there is another feature that might be more to what you are looking for (if when you connect the two calls you don't want to remain in the conversation). This feature is called "Direct Transfer". Have a look;

Transfer two current calls to each other (direct transfer)

Scroll to highlight any call on the line and press Select. Repeat this process for the second call. With one of the selected calls highlighted, press DirTrfr. (You might need to press more to see DirTrfr.) The two calls connect to each other and drop you from the call.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you very much for the answers. I tried both methods for call transfer but unfortunately they work only if we have one line. I'm trying to do it with two different lines and those two methods doesn't work. I need that because I want to make calls from the second line with Clent Matter Codes for billing proposes. So if you have an idea I'll be grateful.

Best Regards,

Zdravko