cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Confirm Upgrading Software for VPN 3060E Concentrator

washro0305
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe I have the steps wrong, but my upgrade didn't work. See below to confirm my instructions to upgrade VPN 3060E concentrator

UPGRADING SOFTWARE.FOR VPN CONCENTRATOR

1. Go to Administration/Software Update/Concentrator

2. You will see the current software revision, below that you will see the current image file.

3. Enter the complete pathname of the new image or click Browse to search for the file. File must be accessible by the workstation you are using to manage the VPN Concentrator.

4. Once you have the pathname of the new image entered, click the upload button.

5. You will see the Software Update Progress window appear.

6. Continue to wait until the update progress window completes and says that update was a success or you can stop the file transfer that is progress by clicking cancel.

7. After the update, the manager returns to the Administration screen where you may see a message that a file upload is in progress. Click the highlighted link to stop it and clear the message. The manager will also verify the new software.

8. A reboot of the concentrator is needed once the update is complete.

9. To reboot the concentrator go to Administration/System Reboot. In the action field select reboot. In the Configuration field, choose to reboot without saving the active configuration. In the When to Reboot/Shutdown section, choose Now.

10. The Software Update Error Screen will appear if there was a problem with the upgrade.

3 Replies 3

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, you pretty much summarized what needs to be done in order to upgrade the VPN3000.

So, what is the error that you got while upgrading. Also, when you download the image from cisco.com, make sure that the file size matches.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800bd91f.html

Regards,

Arul

sorry for the confusion, it works, it was user error. I wasn't rebooting without saving active configuration. So when I rebooted, it save the active configuration instead of loading the new image. thank you

Thanks for the update! Glad its working.

Regards,

Arul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: