cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data Migration from LMS 2.5.1

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know do you know do you need to stop the daemons manager before performing

NMSROOT\bin\perl dir1\wrapper.pl BKP

it doesn't says you don't according to the data migration documentation but it states you need to when performing the restore. Please let me know if I need to so I can determine on why i'm receiving errors toward the end of the backup.

Thanks,

Dion

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you don't need to shutdown dmgtd before running the backup (only before running the restore). Looks like the permissions on the current files in your backup location are too restrictive. Try manually deleting all contents of E:\BKP, then run the backup again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you don't need to shutdown dmgtd before running the backup (only before running the restore). Looks like the permissions on the current files in your backup location are too restrictive. Try manually deleting all contents of E:\BKP, then run the backup again.

I tried again and it gave me the same error, I am leaning toward going with a clean install and start from scratch. After talking with my colleagues a lot of things we don't want to back up due to we are currently using LMS 2.5.1 as a test environment. Once again Thanks for your help and I know I will posting more next week, I will be on LMS 3.0 :=)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: