cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks 2000 and Secure ACS Interoperability

brandon.n
Level 1
Level 1

With Ciscoworks 2000 ACS does not propagate access levels to Ciscoworks 2000 properly. I can login to Ciscoworks with my ACS username and Password so I do know ACS is working. Futhermore, In Common Services under the "security" tab it states, "Connection status is reachable and configured" for ACS within Ciscoworks 2000. Is there a patch needed for ACS, Ciscoworks or one of the suites within Cisco Works in order to have the two systems (Secure ACS and CW2000) to work together?

Our Server has:

Windows Server 2003

Common Services 3.0.5

LMS 2.6

DFM 2.0.6

CM 4.0.7

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can integrate ACS with LMS and each module within LMS.

There is no patch needed, you just need to follow the steps found at:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_b/lms/lms25/lms25qsg.htm#wp66757

The link above is for LMS 2.5, but 2.6 has the same steps.

And by doing this nothing should go wrong with the CW2000 server? Reason I ask is because I am being told this was already done. Does this process need to be done everytime a new ACS version is installed or Ciscoworks patch is done in regard to its respective application?

you shouldn't need to change anything provided you are on a supported version of ACS

We are running ACS version 4.0

Yes, this will work....and you can patch servers without problem

Just make sure you don't upgrade to an unsupported version of ACS...for this check the release notes of ACS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: