cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DLP for web security?

AVS_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody know, are there DLP-functions in roadmap for S-series?

For example, content filtration. https inspection, POST-request (web-mail) archiving etc.

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

jdohrman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings,

The S-Series currently scans content for MalWare and Viruses (WebRoot and MacAfee in Alcatraz - AsyncOS for Web 5.2) and you can block certain file types (archives, installers, etc).

HTTPS inspection is going to be out in the Denali Release (AsyncOS for Web 5.5). Denali is expected to be out in 2008.

I'll consult internally to see what else I can find out regarding the roadmap. I'll keep you posted here when I have more information.

Cheers,
Jakob

AVS_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, jdohrmann.

I will wait your answer.

I hope s-series roadmap will take into account recommendations of Gartner "Magic Quadrant for Secure Web Gateway".

Best regards.

jdohrman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I discussed your question internally and what I outlined in my last post is actually all we can give out currently.

Stay tuned,
Jakob

denisp_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

hey , what else we can expect from 5.5 ? what we will be doing on SSL .... content inspection or something else ?

jowolfer
Level 1
Level 1

Denis,

You will have all the standard policy controls for HTTPS traffic that you do for HTTP traffic. As well as having control over how to handle certificate errors and so forth.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: