cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO not disconnecting from remote call

martynch1
Level 1
Level 1

Hope this is the correct place to post my issue, I'm running CCME on a 2801 with IOS c2801-ipvoicek9-mz.124-11.T.bin, I can make calls ok and also receive them ok, my problems start when I do not answer the call; I have tested this using my mobile; when I call my land line it rings as normal but if I end the call from the mobile the phone keeps ringing for another two minutes, does anybody know what is causing the FXO to hold the call for another two minutes

Many Thanks

Martyn

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you use connection plar under voice-port and if so do you have opx option of the command ? That makes the router no answer the call unless the destination extension is picked up.

Then you can encouer similar issues if the call is answered, for example auto-attendant, etc.

For this you have to configure some kind of supervisory disconnection, see;

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

Please enable opx in connection plar.

"disconnect anytone" is know to now work, you must enter the precise tone definitions unless your telco can enable ground start, or power denial.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you use connection plar under voice-port and if so do you have opx option of the command ? That makes the router no answer the call unless the destination extension is picked up.

Then you can encouer similar issues if the call is answered, for example auto-attendant, etc.

For this you have to configure some kind of supervisory disconnection, see;

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

No joy I'm afraid. I have tried the following and any more suggestions would be greatly received

voice-port 0/1/0

translation-profile incoming 201

groundstart auto-tip

cptone GB

timing sup-disconnect 85

connection plar 1000

impedance complex5

description *** Voice Port ***

caller-id enable

voice-port 0/1/0

supervisory disconnect anytone

(omitted further output)

voice-port 0/1/0

no battery-reversal

(omitted further output)

Please enable opx in connection plar.

"disconnect anytone" is know to now work, you must enter the precise tone definitions unless your telco can enable ground start, or power denial.

Fantastic, that worked a treat

How do you work out the issues with AA, as you mentioned I'm not having issues with AA not hanging up

Thanks

Martyn

Ask telco if they can remove power when remote disconnects firsts. if they can as usually is the case, you must configure a custom tone detect as indicated in the document linked, that matches the tones used by telco. Use it with the "midcall" option.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

I menat, "if they cannot" in the post above, sorry.

Hi

I have the issue with AA from CUE, the FXO port stay off hook for a while, so if you can show me your config to see the AA it would be great.

here is the mine

voice class custom-cptone bolivar

dualtone disconnect

frequency 1450

cadence 500 500

voice-port 0/1/0

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

supervisory custom-cptone bolivar

no battery-reversal

no vad

cptone VE

timeouts call-disconnect 5

timeouts wait-release 5

timing hookflash-out 100

timing guard-out 300

connection plar opx 105598 <---- AA RP

station-id name L1 XXXXXXXX

station-id number XXXXXXXX

If I change the DN from the RP to an IP Phone and this not answer the call everything work as expected

Thanks for any help you could give me

Hola,

can you verify, that indeed the tone you configured is actually sent when remote party hang up?

Beside, the database at:

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm?start=0&kCountry=187&kTone=&frequency=&cadence=

indicates 1440 Hz for "howler", not 1450.

When in doubt, you ca take a recording and post it here for frequency analysis.

Thanks for your answer and for the database, a awesome resource, I will do a try later at this day changing the frequency to 1440 in order to see what happen if I change the tone....

But how can I do to record this tonr from router, it is using the test voice port command? I do some sweep test with this command but I don?t know if this is enough.

Thanks in advanced

Freddy Bello

zhang.san
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,Martyn

1) could you enable supervision disconnect

2) Pls reference BugID:CSCsi43340

I have same issue and open TAC case, TAC confirm it's a bug and open bug case.

Good lucky!

Would that be supervision disconnect or supervision disconnect with anytone, Dualtone or Signal

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the TAC case

Martyn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: