cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP MIB/OID for Cisco 2800 ISR

evanrichards
Level 1
Level 1

I have several 2800 series routers setup as MGCP gateways with T1 PRI connections to the PSTN. Does anyone know what MIBs/OIDs to monitor for individual DS0 and DS1 activity? I opened a TAC case, but it wasn't very fruitful. Basically I just want to know how many active calls per PRI, averages, totals, uptime, etc.

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For the 2800 about the best you can do is look at the CISCO-ISDN-MIB. unfortunately the ISR series routers do not fully support the CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB.

If you are lucky you might be able to get some objects working in the POP-MGMT MIB

Do you know specifically which mibs will show what information though? For instance when I enter "sho snmp mib" I litterally get thousands of different mibs. If I enter "sho snmp mib | i isdn" that narrows it down quite a bit, but I still don't know what is relevant. isdnbearerentry.X, isdnendpointentry.x, isdndirectoryentry.x, etc, etc. Do you know which mib will tell me any good info with regards to monitoring call activity?

your best bet is to read the actual mib at:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2

You can read the text file and get a description of each object.

Some that you may want to look at include:

IsdnSignalingStatsEntry ::= SEQUENCE {

isdnSigStatsInCalls Counter32,

isdnSigStatsInConnected Counter32,

isdnSigStatsOutCalls Counter32,

isdnSigStatsOutConnected Counter32,

isdnSigStatsChargedUnits Counter32

}

If you're looking for something more voice specific:

CISCO-VOICE-DIAL-CONTROL-MIB: "cvVoIPCallActiveTable"

"1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.63.1.3.2"

DIAL-CONTROL-MIB: "callActiveTable"

"1.3.6.1.2.1.10.21.1.3.1"

DIAL-CONTROL-MIB: "callActiveCallState"

"1.3.6.1.2.1.10.21.1.3.1.1.9"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: