Views
Helpful
Replies

isdn lan only

fredj1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Was wondering if there is a way make an H.323 endpoint work through the LAN only , through an isdn port. I do not want to use pstn.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, as the link I've sent, you would connect to the router via ISDN and the router would transit the call over IP to another H.320 endpoint, ISDN or IP. Shold also be possible to interoperate with SCCP endpoint if you have CCM or CCME.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

H.323 is for voice. Do you mean H.320? If so yes, you can connect via ISDN:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0080788070.html

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Yes, I meant H.320. Thanks for your reply. The link was helpful but wasn't what I was looking for, I apoligize I may have worded my question poorly.

I'm trying to find out whether or not I can use an ISDN H.320 device for local use only.

Lets assume my network had no connectivity to outside world or pstn.

Some H.320 endpoints do not support normal LAN connections, and only can use ISDN.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, as the link I've sent, you would connect to the router via ISDN and the router would transit the call over IP to another H.320 endpoint, ISDN or IP. Shold also be possible to interoperate with SCCP endpoint if you have CCM or CCME.

Thanks for your response. I will try it thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: