cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2821 E1 config question

bcirg
Level 1
Level 1

I am running a Cisco 2821 with a VWIC2-1MFT-E1/T1 card. When I enter the controller config I don't have the option to set the controller to unframed.

I have read through the on-line docs and the command I seem to be looking for is channel-group 0 unframed but that is not available as well the online docs reference that the 26xx and 36xx added that command. Perhaps my IOS doesn't support this command? or there is a different one used for the 28xx class?

Thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, all would you loose is 64 kbps for a total of 1,984. If you check the price difference of the G703 version on VWIC and VWIC2 you might find that is a fair compromise.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

roman.siller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi mate,

reckon you bought the wrong card.

The one that supports the feature you need is VWIC2-1MFT-G703.

Thanks to both of you for your responses it really helped. Would there be any degration in transfer rate if we added framming to our G.703 circuit provided by our telco? We wanted a full E1 2048Mbps line and I believe I did read some where that I would lose 64kbps if framing was enabled on this line.

Thanks again.

Correct, all would you loose is 64 kbps for a total of 1,984. If you check the price difference of the G703 version on VWIC and VWIC2 you might find that is a fair compromise.

So now would all I have to do for this controller would be to configure the following command on the controller?

channel-group 0 timeslot 1-31

and configure the framing to get a total of 1.984Mbps?

Yes. Same configuration needs to be made on the other end of the circuit.

As an appreciation to those providing useful answers, please rate posts using the scrollbox below!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: