cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0 Integration to CCM 5.1 - VM Port

julie.ma
Level 1
Level 1

I have an Unity 5.0 integration to CCM 5.1. When I disabled Unity port via UTIM or SA page, associated VM port on CCM still shows registered! I did the sniffer trace, I see Unity still sends SCCP keepalive to CCM! Is this a bug or by design?

3 Replies 3

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is expected behavior. The Enable/Disable flag only impacts whether or not Unity will use the port. It does not control the low level state of the interface between the port and the phone system.

-Eric

But CCM still send the call over the disable Unity port! Unity knows not to use but CCM don't know not to use because VM port on CCM is still registered.

Correct, that is the expected behavior. This is covered in the description for the Enabled checkbox. For example, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cuintcucmskinny060.html#wp1141651

"When the port is disabled, calls to the port get a ringing tone but are not answered."

This text also shows up in the Help file for the SA's System Ports page.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: