Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR 3825 + 2811 T38 issue

andreas.plaul
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I trying to get Fax over IP using T.38 properly running.

I have a CCM 4.1.3 with a Fax server connected via a trunk. The fax to external PSTN are working when I send them to the H323 gateway. The problem now it only works if the gateway is a 3725 or a 3745. When I try to use a 2811 or a 3825 it doesn't work. The fax connection gets established but after exactly 20 seconds (and it is always 20 seconds, so looks like a timeout timer) the connection gets dropped and fax never arrives.

On the all the router the configuration is similar:

voice service pots

fax rate disable

voice service voip

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none

h323

modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw

Actually the configuration shouldn't be so complecated as the fax is only outgoing to the PSTN. Also I tried different IOS version ranging from 12.3 to 12.4.

So now I am out of ideas, so your input is desperately waited for.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Best regards,

Andreas Plaul

2 Replies 2

clarocque
Level 1
Level 1

Andreas, your config is incorrect if you are trying (And you should) to use T.38. See the attached. you should also look at XMediusFAX from Sagem-Interstar as a great fax solution for your company. It is a robust T.38 software only product, no need for fax boards in the server and it leverages the Cisco infrastructure with T.38. Information available in partner central. It is a CTDP certified product.

clarocque
Level 1
Level 1

Andreas, your config is incorrect if you are trying (And you should) to use T.38. See the attached. you should also look at XMediusFAX from Sagem-Interstar as a great fax solution for your company. It is a robust T.38 software only product, no need for fax boards in the server and it leverages the Cisco infrastructure with T.38. Information available in partner central. It is a CTDP certified product.