CCNP Recert and tracking system

Unanswered Question
Oct 2nd, 2007

Hello,

i want to recertify my CCNP by passing the 642-901 Exam now although it will expire in June 2008

The Tracking System is confusing, because there is a CCNP v.1 and CCNP v.2 listed. If i check the requirements to recertify the CCNP v.2 i have to pass one item for example the 642-901 exam. But for the CCNP v.1 this is not true. On the Card "Recertification Progress" the CCNP v.1 is listed with requirements in the form "complete all", for example the BSCI, ONT, ISCW and BCMSN Exmam.

Pleas help, i am confused.

My last recertification was 13 of June 2005.

Another Problem: I can not find where to sign the certification agreement in the tracking system. As far as i remember, two years ago there was an option to sign it online.

Harald

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
cyphur353 Tue, 10/02/2007 - 05:07

Pass any 642-level exam which was introduced after 01/01/06, and you will recertify your CCNP.

After browsing through the new CTS, I don't see an option to sign it there. AFAIK, you only re-sign the agreement when a new one comes out. I signed V9 in Sept/05, but didn't re-sign until this August when V10 came out. I've always signed mine @ the Vue testing center as part of the exam process, ever since I started taking Cisco exams in Sept/2005.

Hope that helps....

Danilo Dy Tue, 10/02/2007 - 05:20

Hi,

Looks like the site has been revamp or moved or currently under migration. Have to suffer for a while until they finish what they are doing.

For now, to recertify CCNP, pass any current 642 or any current CCIE written will extend your CCNP for another 3 years.

I never believe the tracking system, I've seen so many inconsistencies since I got my CCNA certification 8 years ago.

Regards,

Dandy

Actions

This Discussion