cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express IMAP Username and Password

charles
Level 1
Level 1

I have looked every where and I can not find this basic information. When connecting to unity express via IMAP what is the username and password ?? is the username the ext number or username ? is the password the PIN number for the Voice mail box ??

Thanks

8 Replies 8

charles
Level 1
Level 1

I new this must be difficult.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Charles,

The username is the user ID as configured in CUE. The password is the PIN but converted to Alpha characters;

To connect to Cisco Unity Express, configure the e-mail client to accept the user ID and password of the Cisco Unity Express subscriber.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Subscribers cannot use the numeric PIN to log in to Cisco Unity Express through the e-mail client.

From this doc;

Cisco Unity Express 2.3 CLI Administrator Guide Configuring Integrated Messaging

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_3/cliadmin/ch_imap.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for your help. I a had read that doco but where does it say The password is the PIN but converted to Alpha characters ??

Can you please give me an example

if the pin was 1234 what is the password "onetwothreefour" ????

Roy,

What do you mean by "converted to Alpha characters"? Can you give me an example?

Felix

I will answer my own question. I just found out the answer.

5678 would be "jmpt"

the first letter on the telephone keypad

Charles

Or possibly any letter keypad-associated to the digit in PIN, but not the digit itself !

Seems like somewhat twisted logic to me, but hey what do we know after all :)

what I can not work out is how you handle "1" and "0" no letters on these ??

any ideas anyone ?? do we just use the number for 1 or 0 ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: