cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expanssion Module Issue.

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CCM 4.X in my office and I?m having issue with the expansion module. The module (just 1) is attached to a CP-7960 Phone. When I try to configure speed dial numbers and Label on the expansion module, it accepts the numbers from the 7th button on the module even though I started assigning the numbers from the 1st button on the CMM speed dial interface. What could be the possible cause of this issue?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Peter,

I would have a look at the Phone Button Template thats being used for the 7914 in question. The line buttons 1- 14 can be assigned as either Lines or Speed Dials.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

The phone is a 7960 IP Phone with 2 lines and 6 speed dials. I have already configured 20 speed dials. The 1st 6 numbers appeared on the 7960 phone, but instead of the 7th speed dial number to begin from the 1st button on the expansion module, it started from the 7th button leaving the 1st 6 speed dial buttons blank. I expect that the numbers onthe expansion module should begin from the first btton, or is there something I'm missing? Pls reply.

Hey Peternnaji,

Have you taken a look at this:

<http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/english/ipp7960/admin/3_0_3_1/7900strt.htm#wp1024739>

"Configuring the 7914 Expansion Module Button Template

Follow these steps to configure the 7914 Expansion Module button template.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Log in the Cisco CallManager Administration application.

The Cisco CallManager Administration page appears.

Step 2 From the menu, choose Device > Phone Button Template.

The Phone Button Template Configuration page appears. You can change the default 7914 Expansion Module button template, or create a new template based on the default.

?To change the default 7914 Expansion Module template, click on the Default 7914 link in the left pane.

?To create a new template based on the default 7914 Expansion Module template, from the list box, select Default 7914 and click Copy.

The Phone Button Template Configuration page re-displays. The 7914 Expansion Module template allows for a combination of 14 line appearances and speed dial buttons.

Step 3 For each button number, select the Feature (Line, Speed Dial, or none) and enter a corresponding label in the Label field.

Step 4 To save your changes, follow the appropriate step below.

?If you changed the default 7914 Expansion Module template, click Update.

?If you created a new template, in the Button Template Name field, enter a name for the new template and then click Insert."

<http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/english/ipp7960/admin/5_0/7900usr7.htm#wp1058885>

"Modifying Phone Button Templates

Although the Cisco Unified IP Phones 7960G and 7940G support similar features, each phone model can implement these features differently. Modify phone button templates to assign features to phone buttons and to customize features for a phone model.

Ideally, you modify templates before registering phones on the network. In this way, you can access customized phone button template options from Cisco Unified CallManager Administration during registration.

To modify a phone button template, choose Device > Device Settings> Phone Button Template from Cisco Unified CallManager Administration. To assign a phone button template to a phone, use the Phone Button template field in the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Phone Configuration page. Refer to Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Guide and Cisco Unified CallManager System Guide for more information.

The number of buttons and features that you can customize varies based upon Cisco Unified IP Phone model. Familiarize yourself with the configuration options described in Table 5-2. "

let us know how you get on buddy...

Ajaz

Hi Ajaz,

Thanks a lot. This was very helpful. Cheers!!!

Anytime - no problem.

Much appreciate the feedback. It's amazing how many member don't bother to do that.

Nevertheless - take care and all the best.

Ajaz :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: