Replies

Scheduled reload on c3750G

claforest
Level 1
Level 1

Switch#sh clock

10:30:43.795 EDT Tue Oct 2 2007

Switch#reload at 20:00

Reload scheduled for 20:00:00 EDT Tue Oct 2 2007 (in 9 hours and 29 minutes) by cl on vty0 (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)

Proceed with reload? [confirm]

Switch#

5w5d: %SYS-5-SCHEDULED_RELOAD: Reload requested for 20:00:00 EDT Tue Oct 2 2007 at 10:30:59 EDT Tue Oct 2 2007 by cl on vty0 (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX).

Switch#sh reload

No reload is scheduled.

Switch#

12.2(37)SE1

Any ideas?

Thank you,

-Craig

8 Replies 8

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you hit the enter key when it said confirm ??? If you didn't then it wouldn't show up in the show reload .

He got the log message so he pushed the command. I checked my 3750G, 12.2(37)SG, and the sh reload returns the expected. Maybe bug?

Glen

I believe that the message that appears giving the reload scheduled at ... time by ... person on vty 0 is pretty good evidence that they did hit enter when prompted. I have seen that type of message when I scheduled a reload, and have never seen it until I had hit enter at the prompt.

Craig

I assume from the message that you had a telnet session when you scheduled the reload. Is it possible that there was someone else logged in on the switch and that they might have canceled the reload?

About what amount of time was there between your requesting the reload and when you did the show reload command?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Yes I hit enter, and then tried again and typed 'yes', then again and typed 'confirm'. Same result.

You are correct, I am remotely logged in. No one else has access to the switch (or the passwords) so it could have not been canceled manually (I am thinking that if it had, their would be a message in syslog about it).

Between commands: A few seconds at most.

'Reload at' is not a command a use very often; I prefer to be monitoring the reboot. But in this case it was needed.

Thanks,

-Craig

Craig

This is pretty strange. The output looks like the reload was scheduled but the show reload does not find it. I am not clear whether there is a problem in the scheduling command or a problem in the show command.

I do not know that it would be different but I wonder if you tried it using reload in instead of reload at

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Well now, that's an odd one...

Switch#reload in 6:43

Reload scheduled for 23:46:19 EST Sun Nov 11 2007 (in 971 hours and 29 minutes) by cl on vty0 (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)

Proceed with reload? [confirm]n

dhabben
Level 1
Level 1

Your running into Bug ID CSCsj57632

"Reload at command does not work properly"

12.2(37)SE1 has the bug, it is supposed to be resolved in the next IOS release.

And there you go. Rated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card