Views
Helpful
Replies

site to site VPN

Anthony Mile
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I am implimenting a site to site vpn using ASA5510 but i received my ASA without the CWVMS-2.3-WINB-K9, <VMS 5 Device Basic License>.

does this affect my installation?

is this a problem because my connection has failed.

advice me guys.

I have ASA5510-BUN-K9.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Anthony

I believe that the ASA5510-BUN-K9 should support site to site VPN. I am not sure what CWVMS-2.3-WINB-K9 is or what the impact is of not having it.

Can you provide more specifics about what the problem is and perhaps post config of the ASA?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Anthony

I believe that the ASA5510-BUN-K9 should support site to site VPN. I am not sure what CWVMS-2.3-WINB-K9 is or what the impact is of not having it.

Can you provide more specifics about what the problem is and perhaps post config of the ASA?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Anthony

Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your question was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read about a question and can know that they will read an answer that resolves the question.

I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The CWVMS-2.3-WINB-K9 is CiscoWorks VPN/Security Management Solution software. This should have nothing to do with why your VPN Tunnel not working.

BTW, below is the EOL information on CWVMS 2.3.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5057/prod_eol_notice0900aecd80653315.html

The ASA5510-BUN-K9 for the ASA5510 includes 3 Fast Ethernet interfaces, stateful firewall, 250 IPsec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, 3DES/AES license, and 1 expansion slot, this should be sufficient to enable IPSEC on the Chassis and configure it to work.

I hope you can post the configurations and "deb cry is" and "deb crypto ipsec" outputs from the ASA when you have issues bringing up the tunnel.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Arul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: